I had the occasion to browse through some of the city bylaws posted on their website this past week and I discovered something that I thought was a bit odd and hoping someone might explain it to me. The bylaw to prohibit the discharge of firearms within Sault Ste. Marie prohibits the discharge except at:
- the Algoma Rod and Gun Club
- the Algoma Retriever Association
- the Sault Ste. Marie Police Department
- Brande’s Gravel Pit (Practical Shooters of Algoma) and …
- the entire Essar Steel Inc.’s steelworks operation located at 105 West Street.
Now I know there has to be a logical explanation for this likely involving predators or some such and I am hoping that one of our members/readers can provide me with an explanation. Either comment on this post or e-mail me (email@example.com) the possible reasoning behind including the Essar steelworks and I will post what appears to be the correct answer. No prizes. Just satisfying a curious mind.